This top quality marine grade polyester rope bridle has stainless steel fittings and thicker noseband padding (antigall non-slip material) to offer extra comfort and stability.
Comes with black 10mm polyester double braid rope reins to match the size (add note if you want longer reins) - these reins are designed for lightness and correct maximum release of the chinstrap.
The LightRider Performer is suited for situations where the horse wears the bridle for longer periods, as in endurance riding/competitive trail, or when rein contact is maintained in dressage, eventing or jumping. Also suitable for tying solid like a regular rope halter (with a lead rope - or the reins with clips removed).
- The flat webbing chinstrap becomes snug and does not over-tighten so this bridle is usually well accepted by sensitive horses.
- The scissor snaps on the reins enable you to quickly unclip them to make a lead rope and are removeable/replaceable.
- The padding on the noseband is a soft, anti-gall material, the same as that used for girths.
- The LightRider Performer has top quality stainless steel hardware that is strong, durable and rust proof.
Unique Chinstrap: The purpose of the soft webbing chin strap is to help the noseband stay in place when pressure is applied to the reins - this keeps the noseband from twisting around. When rein pressure is applied the chinstrap becomes snug but does not over-tighten due to the type of webbing used, so most of the pressure is on the top of the nose.
The bridle can also be used like a straight sidepull by clipping the chinstrap and noseband rings together (recommended if your horse hasn't experienced a chinstrap before).
Sizes: Pony to warmblood/draft, with coloured headstalls: Black, Purple or Blue with contrasting black browband, noseband and reins. Mini/Small Pony=2m reins, Pony/Cob=2.6m (100") reins, Full=3m (118") reins, W'Blood/Draft=3.6m (142")reins. Check the size chart here to ensure the right size for your horse.
Polyester Rope Qualitites:
- Polyester is the material that most marine ropes are made from and is used on the outside of climbing ropes to protect them from abrasion. High-tech ropes use polyester to protect them from wear and UV light.
- Firm yet soft and durable (unlike cheap polyethylene and polypropylene ropes typically seen in hardware stores), polyester will not harden or break down with age. It is not affected by water, will not rot, mold or mildew, and is resistant to most acids and oils.
- Knots tied in polyester will hold tight, but can always be undone should adjustment be required. Polyester can be washed with normal household detergents in warm water.
- Colour fast - will have only minor fading over the long life of the rope.
- Low abrasion - polyester produces less friction so that means a greatly reduced chance of rope burn and less abrasion on your horseâ€™s skin.
- Stronger and longer life - Cheap polypropylene halter cords and webbing have a much lower breaking strain (about 30% less) and lose another 30% per year through age. Polyester ropes lose only 3% per year making equipment that can be relied on for much longer.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 30 July, 2010.